(In this chapter the 4 main characters join a diet club and are lucky enough to meet each other and become friendly straight away during the first session. Only 3 of them are in this excerpt the 4th is introduced later on in the chapter)
‘Well done! Another half pound off!’ shrieked the plastic looking woman who was policing the scales, to the living clothes hangar shaped body standing in front of her, whose shoulder blades jutted a frightening distance from her fitted shirt.
Trish and Janey looked towards the noise and Pam caught their eye, making a questioning gesture towards the woman on the scales. Trish and Janey understood her perfectly, exactly what was someone that thin doing at a slimming club? There was more fat to be found on an ice lolly! They blatantly examined each woman in the queue behind Pam, other than one or two exceptions every woman was borderline anorexicley slim, why were they here?
Except for silence when Pam was weighed, the shrieking congratulations continued for almost every other member until at last the queue was depleted. A vibrant, boy hipped, swan necked and perfectly blond woman glided to stand in front of the seated women.‘Hello my friends!’ she called in a piercing voice that carried effortlessly, even to the last row where Janey, Trish and Pam were slouched on their seats, trying their best not to draw attention to themselves...
Sunday, 25 May 2008
Excerpt from Chapter one
Copyright © DJ Kirkby 2007 - All Rights Reserved
Posted by
DJ Kirkby
at
08:25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Love it DJ!! I've been to meetings like that and they are just hideous!!
Looking forward to reading more....
C x
Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear it, I am having a lot of fun writing this book. I will put in a link on my main blog the next time I post an excerpt here. xo
Do keep on posting excerpts, I loved this. More please
Dx
You are SUCH a TEASE! Keep posting the excerpts, more please!
Hi Debs
Thanks, that is just fab to hear people are liking this.
Hi Sparxs
Lol, tease huh? I resemble that remark! It worked with 'Without Alice' and kept me writing. I need to know people are interested to get me to keep chrning out words. I'll put the next excerpt up in a week or two.
Hello Genius :)...this looks like a funny one, I can't wait to read more!
xoxo
this looks like it is going to be fun with half the nation nodding in recognition
Hi Gig
I am having great fun writing it and can't decide which charecter resembles me the most! They all seem to have bits of me in their personalities...can't understand why...
Hi Lady
It is fun and I agree with you on the recognition comment. This is a book about and for real woman who've 'been there and done that'!
Flashbacks to Weight Watchers meetings! YIKES!
Hi Nitebyrd,
Funny you should say that lol...glad to know I am not the only one who percieved those meetings like that.
Post a Comment